To begin the process of therapy, you take the steps outlined below:
- The first step in therapy can be the hardest, asking for help.
- Finding the right therapist is very important. You will need to get a sense of the therapy process as well as how comfortable you feel in sharing with the therapist.
- I believe that counseling is best when we work on a collaborative approach. That is why I offer a 30 minute free consult on the telephone to allow you an opportunity to ask questions and explore the possibility of working together.
- If we agree that we could work collaboratively together, we will set up a face to face appointment. If we believe that someone else would be a better fit for your needs then I will give several referrals of other qualified therapist.
- At the time of the first appointment we will explore what you would like to focus on in therapy and what goals you would like to achieve. Please fill in the forms below and bring them to your first session.